Environmental Law and litigation
- Defending an environmental consulting company against Endangered Species Act "take" allegations in a federal grand jury proceeding. No indictment was issued.
- Negotiating a habitat conservation plan and conservation easement for a company in Santa Cruz County
- Represented a developer in the Central Valley of California seeking a Section 404 fill permit in a Section 7 consultation with the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- Represented a power agency in a NEPA, Endangered Species Act, and water-rights lawsuit relating to the Trinity River
- Representing a developer in Santa Clara County in obtaining a Section 404 permit and in Section 7 consultations with the Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, and California Department of Fish and Game
Representing a coalition of landowners and water districts in a federal action alleging violations of the Endangered Species Act and of municipal separate storm sewer NPDES permits concerning discharges to the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, Coalition for a Sustainable Delta et al. v. City of Stockton and County of San Joaquin, No. 2:09-CV-00466-JAM-DAD (E.D. Cal.)